As a Christ-centered, Acts 1:8 family, there are many reasons why The Alliance is Better Together in fulfilling our mission to complete the Great Commission! As you minister in your Jerusalem, your Judea, your Samaria, and to the ends of the earth, Alliance Benefits is available to serve your healthcare and retirement needs.
As you have likely heard, the healthcare industry continues to experience turbulent waters. Given these challenges that our Alliance Benefits team tackles daily, I believe we’re Better Together. Rather than figure this complex issue out on your own, consider the advantages of participating in the Alliance Health Plan:
Biblical values. Because we are a church plan, we are able to align your health
insurance benefits with our sanctity of life value, which means we don’t cover abortive drugs and services mandated in other insurance plans.
Care for the Alliance family. Claims paid out of premiums collected are used to support your needs and those of other Alliance family members, many who are experiencing challenging health situations. So we can say with the apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 8:14a:
“At the present time your plenty will supply what they need,
so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need.”
Group rates. Because of our plan size, we are able to provide you bundled group rates on your medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, and long term disability. And a portion of the premium (Premium Plan) is returned to all participants via their health savings accounts.
Family service. When you need assistance, you have access to a team that understands the Alliance family–because we’re a part of that family!
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you! If you have questions as you read through the materials provided below, please contact our Alliance Benefits team toll free at (800) 700-2651 or email@example.com–someone will gladly help you!
Curtis Farmer – Director for Alliance Benefits
The Alliance Health Plan Information:
Alliance Health Plan 2018 Summary GuideAlliance Health Plan 2018 PresentationAlliance Health Plan 2018 Summary Guide (Spanish)Alliance Health Plan 2018 Presentation (Spanish)Medical Plan Document (with Amendments)Summary of 2018 Benefit Coverage (SBC)Notice of Privacy PracticesHow To Search For A Medical Provider
Included with all C&MA Medical Plans is a basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance policy through the Standard Life Insurance Company.
- The basic life insurance policy for you, as an employee, is $30,000
- You also receive $30,000 in AD&D Insurance
- Basic life is not available for your spouse
Loss of Coverage
- All life insurance ends when active employment ends and cannot be continued during a severance or coverage extension period
- When you lose coverage, portability or conversion may be available but you must contact Alliance Benefits within 30 days
Reduction in Coverage
- Beginning at age 65, your coverage decreases to 70%, or $21,000
- Beginning at age 70, your coverage decreases to 50%, or $15,000
Although the C&MA Health Plan includes Basic Life Insurance, you may wish to provide additional protection for your family. Enrollment in the C&MA Health Plan allows you to purchase additional life insurance coverage. You may purchase Voluntary Life for:
- yourself up to $250,000
- your spouse up to $50,000
- your child(ren) up to $10,000
For more information or pricing, please refer to our Voluntary Life Monthly Rates.
Update your Beneficiary Designation
A few minutes now may save your family paperwork later. Please update the contact information for each beneficiary using the Employee Change Form with current contact information for each beneficiary.
Alliance Benefits offers $7,500 Basic Life Insurance coverage to eligible retirees, which does not reduce with age. The cost is $5.00 per month. To qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have at least 20 years of service with the C&MA
- You must retire from the C&MA at age 65 or older and must no longer be employed full-time by the C&MA
- You must be enrolled in C&MA life insurance at the time of retirement
- You must inform Alliance Benefits within 30 days of your retirement
Update your Beneficiary Designation
A few minutes now may save your family paperwork later. Please update the contact information for each beneficiary using the Beneficiary Form.
Your Alliance Health Plan offers Long Term Disability – a safety net in the event you are unable to work due to a serious illness or injury. If you become disabled and you are a U.S. citizen, subject to approval, the C&MA Long Term Disability plan will pay you 60 percent of your salary up to $6,000 per month (including ministerial housing allowance, if applicable). You first must satisfy a 90 day waiting period before benefits will begin. Preexisting condition limitations may apply.
Definition of Disability:
You are considered disabled if, because of sickness or injury, you are unable to perform all the material duties of your regular occupation or unable to earn more than 80% of your annual salary (including housing allowance) that was in effect on the date you were disabled.
Generally, Long Term Disability benefits are paid until age 65 if you continue to qualify. However, if you are disabled after age 62, the following schedule of benefits applies.
||Maximum Benefit Period
|65 or under
||Until your 65th birthday or 42 months, whichever is longer
|69 or older
Participating in a C&MA 403(b) Retirement Plan is a wise stewardship choice as you prepare for tomorrow. To find out more, click on the pages in the left navigation menu or use the links below.
Your 403(b) Account
Online Account Registration
- The C&MA 403(b) Plan is a tax-deferred, defined contribution plan similar to a 401(K)
- You contribute a percentage of your pay up to the IRS maximum contribution, and your employer makes matching contributions
- The Plan allows for participation if:
- You are employed at least 20 hours per week by a C&MA employer (such as a local C&MA church) and
- You meet specific requirements set by your employer
- To enroll, you and your employer will need to complete the 403(b) Domestic Participant Enrollment. After you enroll, you may track your account balances online or look for quarterly statements by mail
Why open a C&MA 403(b)?
- If you are a minister, the C&MA 403(b) Plan offers you a significant tax advantage related to your housing allowance
- The C&MA Retirement Plan offers you a choice of Traditional or Roth 403(b) Plans
- All contributions are immediately vested (those funds belong to you, even if your employment ends)
- For free investment advice, C&MA 403(b) participants may call Strategic Financial Partners at 866-963-1843
- Learn more about the benefits of participating in the C&MA 403(b) Plan
We have several investment options for you to choose from, including the Alliance Development Fund. All funds are reviewed regularly quarterly by our Alliance Benefit Board and Investment Committee. You may view up-to-date fund information online.
You may invest in one of the following pre-mixed Investment Profiles:
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index Ret Inc Inst
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index 2010 Inst
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index 2015 Inst
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index 2020 Inst
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index 2025 Inst
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index 2030 Inst
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index 2035 Inst
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index 2040 Inst
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index 2045 Inst
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index 2050 Inst
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index 2055 Inst
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index 2060 Inst
You may also build your own strategy from the following funds:
- Alliance Development Fund
- American Century Growth R6
- American Funds EuroPacific Gr R6
- AMG Managers Fairpointe Mid Cap I
- Cohen & Steers Instl Realty Shares
- Columbia Small Cap Value II Instl 2
- Invesco Growth and Income R6
- JPMorgan Mid Cap Value L
- Oppenheimer Developing Markets I
- Principal SmallCap Growth I Instl
- Prudential High-Yield Q
- Prudential Total Return Bond Z
- Steward Large Cap Enhanced Index Inst
- Steward Small-Mid Cap Enhanced Idx Inst
- Templeton Global Bond R6
- Vanguard Institutional Index I
- Vanguard Materials Index Adm
Investment Performance 5-31-18
It’s very important to keep Alliance Benefits informed of any changes to employment, salary, or other contribution changes.
For IRS compliance, please be sure all contribution information sent to Alliance Benefits matches your payroll withholding and your employee’s W-2.
To make changes to contributions, the following forms are needed:
Please send all forms to Alliance Benefits (not to Empower Retirement).
If an employee has a salary change, a new Monthly Contribution Report will need to be sent since this will change the contribution amounts.
The same forms mentioned above will also be needed if an employee wishes to stop contributions for any reason other than ending employment, or if the church wishes to stop all contributions. Please note if the employer contributions stop, the employee cannot continue contributing.
If an employee leaves, the Treasurer should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us your name and title, church’s name, city and state, the employee’s name, and the last day active worked (not the date last paid if there is continuing pay).
IRS regulations do not permit employee contributions during a severance period.
Do not withhold employee contributions from the employee’s pay past the time actively worked, or legally these funds will have to be returned to the employee.
However, the employer is allowed by the IRS to continue employer contributions. If you as the employer desire to continue for any length of time, please include this request in the notification e-mail.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the employee’s name, old address and new address. We can also update the phone number(s) for you, but the employee must log in to Empower Retirement to update his or her e-mail address.
The Alliance 403(b) Plan Information:
Benefits of the C&MA 403(b) PlanJoining Together For Lower FeesEmpower Online RegistrationEmpower Online ResourcesHow Much Should I Save?403(b) Fund Changes 6-2-16Rescue From Managing Multiple AccountsInvestment Performance 5-31-18How to take a Withdrawal from your 403(b)
The Alliance Health Plan partners with Colonial Life in offering voluntary supplemental benefit products under a group discounted rate. These products offer you solutions to help pay for your unexpected out-of-pocket costs.
Medical Gap Coverage
- An individual, hospital confinement indemnity plan that complements your core medical coverage, offering hospital, wellness and rehabilitation benefits.
Short Term Disability Income Replacement
- An individual, STD product that replaces a portion of income if someone becomes disabled due to a covered accident or sickness.
Accident Insurance Protection
- Designed to help you fill some of the gaps caused by increasing deductibles, co-payments and out-of-pocket costs related to an accidental injury.
Cancer Supplemental Insurance Plans
- A guaranteed renewable , individual cancer product that helps pay some of the direct and indirect costs related to cancer diagnosis and treatment.
For more information regarding plans available and pricing, click here. For additional questions, contact Alliance Benefits at (800) 700-2651 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alliance supports and recommends using Stewardship Payroll Services, available to religious, non-profit organizations with excellent pricing. For more information, please contact:
Fee Schedule (Pricing based on “Per Pay Period”)
Multiply the number of staff by $2.25 and add the base fee to obtain your “per pay period’ total.
Base Fee of $5.00
Per Employee Rate $2.25
Base Fee of $10.00
Per Employee Rate $2.25
Base Fee of $15.00
Per Employee Rate $2.25
What Is Included:
- Direct Deposit (1 per employee)
- W-2’s and 1099’s
- Pay and file applicable taxes
- Online Paystub Access
- Employer Online Portal
- Quotes on Request:
- Workers Compensation
- Background Checks
- Human Resources
- Additional deposit account $0.25
- Enhanced Employee Portal $0.25
- Employee Profile
- Direct Deposit
- Withholding Allowances
- Online Time Clock $0.50
- Time Off Tracking $0.50
- New Hire Reporting $2.00 each
- ACA Compliance Services (quote upon request)
Dear International Worker,
Your time is precious, and we thank you for reading your 2018 International Summary Guide. Below you will also find helpful forms and materials relating to your health and retirement plan benefits. Please feel free to contact Alliance Benefits with any questions you may have at (800) 700-2651 or email@example.com. We welcome your call or email and consider it a privilege to serve you.
Thank you for all you do!
Alliance Benefits Staff
Forms and Materials
International Health Plan Enrollment Form
How to submit claims to Meritain
International Health Plan FAQs
Instructions for 365-Day Prescriptions Supply
MyMERITAIN Web Guide
Introducing Mobile Capabilities
How to Read Your EOB
International 403(b) Paycheck Contribution Election Form
International 403(b) Enrollment Form
Investment Performance 5-31-18